Re: Adhesions associated with lower back pain??

Mon Oct 16 14:20:27 2006

A friend recently found this website for me and after reading several entries, I can't believe how many people have gone through so much of what I have experienced. I can relate to the back pain you are experiencing. EVERY DAY for the past 4 years I have had pain which starts at my belly button and goes around the left side to my spine.....it is a chronic condition--some days the pain is dull, others more severe, but it is ALWAYS there. The only comfort I sometimes get is to use a hot water bottle or heating pad. I have suffered with adhesions/cysts for almost 4 years now. I have had 6 surgeries within a period of 18 months for cysts/adhesions. The last attempt at surgery I was told I had a "frozen abdomen", meaning that they coulod not even cut into my abdomen with the risk of puncturing my colon and/or intestines. I have been on every pain medication from Tylenol 3, Vicodin, Percocet, Oxycontin, and Methadone; all with very little relief from the pain. I have seen doctors in Providence and Boston and have been told that there is nothing else they can do for me. I feel like I have been given a life sentence of pain to deal with. I have finally found a doctor who will consult with me but I am afraid to get my hopes up as far as her being able to do anything to help this condition. I am a 44 year old single mother of 2 and am finding it very hard to accept/deal with the fact that I will never be pain free and have to deal with this for the rest of my life. Early on I was coping with the emotional/mental side of this, but the past 6 months it has become increasingly more difficult to deal with. Does any one have any suggestions/help on how you deal with side of it? For a short time I was taking a mild anti-depressant but quite honestly with all the other meds, I am not interested in taking anything else. I've tried acupuncture and reiki but had very little results with those. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

At Wed, 11 Oct 2006, jennifer wrote: >
>At Fri, 6 Oct 2006, Scheri wrote:
>>
>>Does anyone suffer from lower back pain with their adhesions? I'm also
>>having bowel problems but CT scan came back normal. I am relying on
>>laxatives for bowel movements and I am bloated every day. I would
>>appreciate any suggestions. Doctor sent me for CT scan and when it came
>>back normal, I heard nothing about my symptoms. Please give advice.
>>
>>--
>>Scheri

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: