Re: What am I suppose to do ?

Tue Nov 27 16:52:46 2007

Dear Kim, I was so sorry to read a somewhat familiar story. My heart goes out to you. I have no answers for you but I understand. I check in here from time to time to see what is going on. I too had a TAH in 1/07 both my doctor and I were hoping for the best and for a while it seemed to work. Then hubby got transfered and I had to leave my great and wonderful doctor and was able to stay home and "rest" in a different environment. I was feeling good and hopefully thinking I was on the mend and not going to be in all the pain that I was before. I was even compromising with myself saying a little discomfort was better than before. I could hardly walk before the surgery had to cut my work to part time. The adhesions sealed off my cervix and making every move harder and harder everyday. Plus having cycles with no where for the bleeding to go causing bloating,pressure and more pain. Anyways I was feeling better somewhat not wanting to admit to it all coming back I applied for work and have been working for 2 going on 3 weeks. I am thinking it is a big mistake. I am only working 4 days a week P/T and I am so physically exhausted from the pain. I have been "thinking" of calling the insurance to see if they covered pain clinics. Knowing that is the next step. I am currently on OTC pain receivers but they do not do too much good but take the edge off. I sleep constantly from being so tired from being brave with the pain. So I just wanted to reply to let you know you are not alone. In a sick way I am greatful knowing I am not alone in this fight of adhesions. Sometimes family do not understand what we go through to put on a smiling face. Let this be a friendly hug saying I understand Keep you chin up because you'll need it to see where you are going. Doctors want to help others in most cases and they rely on the "mind" issues when they have no other answers. They are just humans trying to help a "relative" situation. Since all pain is relative. If they upset you its ok you are frustrated and will find what you need. Sometimes gifts are on the long road traveled. Sorry that is how I have dealt with the pain over the past 15 years. I have been told I am too positive even when things are bad,bad,bad. If you need a shoulder email me. Misery loves company :) Michelle

At Thu, 15 Nov 2007, Kim Slater wrote: >
>Hi,
>
>Where to start ? I'd been having problems for awhile, I started going to
>an OB/GYN last June (2006). After many test, all neg., He decided that
>it was probably adhesions and to do a Lap w/Adhesion Lysis. That was
>done on 9/12/06. After the surgery he told me that the adhesions were
>extensive, he did what he could but that he recommended a TAH/BSO, for
>me to think about it. So I did. And needless to say, I had it done
>(10/10/06) thinking that it was going to cure my pain. And it did, for
>about 6 months. Then it started coming back ... So I went to see
>another OB/GYN (the original had moved). He did a Lap (7/25/07)that was
>also suppose to include Adhesion Lysis, but when he went in he had such
>a time even getting the camera in due to the severity of the adhesions
>that he closed me back up and told me that there was nothing he could
>do. He referred me to a Gen. Surgeon ... which was a joke. She told
>me that Adhesions do not cause pain and that if I was having pain then
>it was in my imagination for me to take ibeprophen 3x a day. I left her
>office in tears.
>
>But I wasn't giving up yet ...
>I went to see another surgeon w/ my surgery report in hand. He turned
>me away ... So I made yet another appointment w/ a different surgeon.
>He was the only one that was semi-helpful. He recommended me going to a
>pain clinic. Soooo, I made an appointment (for 6 weeks later on 11/8. I
>went to the pain clinic last Thursday. I met with the Dr., we talked,
>he had a copy of my surgery reports, He is sending me to see the
>clinic's Pain Psychologist (12/6 4 weeks away), and I have another
>appointment with him on 12/21 (yet another 6 weeks away. Then it all
>depends on what the Psychologist says as to weather he'll treat me or
>not.
>

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: