Abdominal Adhesions

Fri Jun 20 20:49:50 2008

From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of WendyEbbe3@aol.com Sent: Thursday, June 05, 2008 8:16 AM To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Subject: Re: Abdominal Adhesions

Caryn, Who's your Dr. and where from? I've been existing for two years now and I can't do it much longer. I appreciate any help you can give me. The Mayo Clinic won't even take me as a patient they say they can't do any more for me than is already being done which is pretty much nothing but putting me on drugs and screwing up my liver and then end up with even more problems so yeah it's time for surgery again but I won't let these butcher's here gut me with the laparotomy. Wendy

Subj: Re: Abdominal Adhesions Date: 6/4/2008 9:19:53 P.M. Central Daylight Time From:carynlruzich@comcast.net To: adhesions@mail.obgyn.net Sent on:   

Deanna,   It could very well be adhesions.  They start out feeling like a kink or a knot.  Pain can radiate through your back or up your back depending on where your adhesions are.  They eventually will feel as if they're actually strangling your insides.  Most times, I can't stand to wear pants unless they are really, really loose. Form fitting clothes are out of the questions for me.  I can only stand 'being dressed' for a few hours without feeling discomfort.  I feel like my insides hurt a lot of the time.  Now some of what I'm feeling could be visceral nerve damage from having so many surgeries.  In essence, I'm feeling my insides which you're not supposed to feel.  But because of nerve damage, I do feel my insides.  I learned about that after several different trips to a pain clinic.  For me, pain medications isn't even an option which makes dealing with this extremely difficult.  Pain medication only slows my diges! tive tr ack which will end up causing a bowel obstruction.  It's really a vicious circle.    I am living proof that you can learn to cope.  About every two years I have to have a laparoscopy.  Luckily I was turned on to an excellent surgeon who is a master of laparoscopy.  He actually pioneered the lapro technical for the removal of the gall bladder.  I can't even count how many open surgeries I've had and they are what causes the most damage in terms of adhesions.  At least with laparoscopy, the incisions are small so theoretically, the adhesions should be small or less.  I just had surgery again about 6 weeks ago and already I feel them back.  Not bad, but back. 

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: