Re: trying to get help

Fri Jul 11 19:30:06 2008

Hi all. I am one of you. I started with Endometriosis at 17, then PCOS, and infertility. I've had 14 major abdominal surgeries including ruptured cysts, adhesiolysis, bowel resections, hysterectomy, C-sections, gall bladder, ect. In 2006 I had an emergency surgery to remove a volleyball sized pelvic mass, and I ended up a mess. A bowel obstruction turned into concrete abdomen, leaving me with a jeujonostomy requiring TPN. I had abdominal infections, fistulas, and then a bacteremia from the TPN, then a fungemia, then another bacteremia, meningitis and septic shock, ventilator and near-death. Of course, awful liver functions, renal failure. You name it,I either had it, or was tested for it. The head trauma surgeon at Mayo saved my life TWICE. Luckily, he was able to reverse my jeujonostomy with a 12 hour surgery. I have been told another surgery could kill me. I have also been told that it's likely I will end up with a bowel obstruction in the future needing surgery. I am in chronic pain and on chronic pain meds. I have neuropathy from the surgeries as well as chronic pain. I am with the Pain Clinic at Mayo, and treated as well as I could be.

While I'd love to have another adhesiolysis, and get rid of a lot of this pain (I was told they'd never seen worse adhesions than mine at the Mayo), I also have to weigh that fine line of maybe needing surgery for another probable bowel obstruction. When they say they won't touch you, there IS a reason why. If you look at the studies out there, most of us probably won't live with any quality for more than 10 years.

I cry and almost pass out with BM's. Because of the bowel resections, nothing works for chronic constipation. I can't take more than semi-solid foods. I have daily nausea and vomiting from pain as well as the constipation.

Two years ago I was a Respiratory Therapist, and now I'm a couch potato.

But I'm alive, I get some pain relief on some days, I see my kids, and most days that's worth it.

Some days, well.....you all understand this....there are some days...

God bless all of you

At Mon, 23 Jun 2008, WendyEbbe3@aol.com wrote: >
>Hey All,
>I'm in Minnesota the home of the so called famous Mayo Clinic and so far I
>can't find a surgeon willing to even try operating on me. My last three
>surgeries the Dr. did a laparotomy instead of laporoscopy. I can't handle
getting >cut wide open again I wan to find a surgeon that can do it through
>laporoscopy. My regular Dr. tried to get me into the mayo clinic twice and
they said >they couldn't do anything for me. The surgeon I had last said she would
call >the Mayo Clinic and they would call me but so far I have not heard
anything. >The one thing I do know is that I can not go on like this for much longer.
>Anyone know of a skilled surgeon in MN? I wish everyone the best of health
and >hope that one day they will find a cure and we can all be pain free.
>Wendy
>========Original Message======== Subj: Re: trying to get help Date:
>6/22/2008 11:34:28 P.M. Central Daylight Time From:

_carynlruzich@comcast.net_ >(mailto:carynlruzich@comcast.net) To: _adhesions@mail.obgyn.net_
>(mailto:adhesions@mail.obgyn.net) Sent on:
>Terri,
>
>Never stop trying to find help!

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: