Should I have surgery or not?

Sun Sep 7 19:58:27 2008

From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of Christy Watson Sent: Monday, September 01, 2008 8:24 PM To: tracy.joslin@adhesions.org Subject: Re: FW: Should I have surgery or not?

If you have an option for surgery I would take it.  I first had adhesions 20 years ago and then had another surgery 8 years ago, and another one scheduled on the 11th after going through 4 other doctors to find one willing to do the surgery.  I was pain free, other than an occasional pang until 3 months ago.  There is a greater chance for adhesions with each surgery, but there is also a great chance for relief and years of a much better quality of life.  They can tear and give you some relief, but that is not likely and if they tear they reform stronger and tighter most of the time.

Christy

--- On Mon, 9/1/08, IAS Admin (Tracy) <tracy.joslin@adhesions.org> wrote: From: IAS Admin (Tracy) <tracy.joslin@adhesions.org> Subject: FW: Should I have surgery or not? To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.obgyn.net> Date: Monday, September 1, 2008, 11:30 PM Sender: shickey88@comcast.net (Sue) Subject: Should I have surgery or not?

I was hospitalized 2 weeks ago for 4 1/2 days because I was constipated for 16 days. It was just after a slip & fall which the doctors say didn't help. Whatever, I can't poop and it's been 16 days! Well it took 3 full days before they cleaned me out and then sent me home. They said that there was no doubt that adhesions had caused the blockage. Three KUB x-rays showed an obstruction and other tests showed netative results. I take Reglan and I use Miralax every day. I have begun to move my bowels somewhat. Do adhesions relax? Should I still continue to get the surgery and has anyone had the surgery and then had their abdomen sprayed? So many questions from someone who is really confused on why I even have adhesions. Thank you.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: