small bowel adhesions ,lower back agony

Sun Sep 7 19:59:13 2008

From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of GenieBene@comcast.net Sent: Monday, September 01, 2008 9:00 PM Subject: Re: small bowel adhesions ,lower back agony

I've been reading all the posts coming through and am just saddened that so many of us are suffering like this!

In response to the lower back agony...I'm right there with you.  I've had this horrible disorder for over 20 years now, over 30 operations, etc. just like so many others on this site.  The back pain is relentless for me. I've done physical therapy many times, and in fact am now too, and I seem to get through the session ok, but then suffer for days after.  Car rides, sitting, standing are all seemingly hopeless.

I have been taking Tramadol for some time now. I've refused narcotics because I am petrified to slow the bowel for fear of another obstruction. I've had more than 25 already, 14 required emergent surgery.  I know you all can relate when I say, I'd rather deal with the pain than another obstruction!

Anyway, the tramadol isn't great, but takes the edge off. They've also got me back on Lyrica, cause I have alot of numbness in my legs too.  It just seems to be more and more complicated as time goes on.  I'm just over 2 years now since my last surgery. The pain has been increasing unfortunately. I've had 2 partial SBO's last year, but didn't require surgery, thank God. Have a follow up with the docs in 2 weeks. Not sure what else they can do for me, but wait to see if/when we're back in the obstruction phase. Take care everyone. We're tough to deal with this stuff everyday. No one can understand what we go through, feel and endure except others who have this horrible disease.

God bless and be strong; jeanne  

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: