Sigmod Adhesions May Explain IBS-like Symptoms

Fri Sep 19 01:06:59 2008

Found an interesting article about adhesions that bind the sigmoid colon to the pelvic sidewall which alters the course of the colon and can cause a slight narrowing or kink that creates a bottleneck effect. It has been found in both men and women although most doctors don't even look for these adhesions, let alone treat them, according to a Dr. Bost of St. Elizabeth Hospital in Beaumont, Texas.

This could certainly explain my pelvic pain and tightness, other issues, and also probably why during my last sigmoidoscopy, I experienced excruciating pain when the scope got to my sigmoid area but was fine everywhere else- yet got no discussion as to why this might be from the physician.This certainly sounds a lot like what I always felt was going on- hope this news travels! Doubt if any doctor I'll ever see will check me for this.

The link was:

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0CYD/is_/ai_76636724. The name of the page was a business-sounding one called BNET although I also saw OB/GYN news before the title.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: