looking for help

Wed Oct 15 10:29:29 2008

From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of Sinski, Jennifer B. Blevins Sent: Tuesday, September 30, 2008 5:03 PM Subject: Re: looking for help

In answer to your question about developing Endo after a hyster without evidence during surgery of having it.  I can say that I did.  After my hyster, I had severe bleeding but I didn't know I was bleeding internally until the nurse called the doctor because my blood count was so low.  I ended up getting 4 units of blood.  But they left the internal blood inside to create a "pressure bandage" so to speak.  Any long story short, I developed severe pain, couldn't eat, lost weight, etc etc and ended up having to go out of state to see a surgereon that dealt with adhesions.  He went in and lo and behold was there not only adhesions causing a partial blockage but I had endo all over my bowel and my diaphragm (right where I was having this belt tightening feeling) So my theory is the post op bleeding carried this endo tissue all over my body and planted it all through my belly.    So that is my story.

________________________________________ From: adhesions@adhesions.org on behalf of IAS Admin (Tracy)

--
Sent: Tue 9/30/2008 5:04 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS
Subject: FW: looking for help
Sender: bsreynolds@comcast.net (Alan)
Subject: looking for help

My wife had a hysterectomy to remove a grapefruit sized Uterine Fibroid 2 years ago.  She did not have Endometriosis but the Uterus was removed. The pre-op Ultrasound showed the fibroid against the large intestine and the bladder.  She has had a lot of abdominal pain in the lower right (inguinal area) and her doctor does not think it is from adhesions.  She says the pain is worse on the right but recently there is also pain on the left with a pulling sensation and some pain between them.  The scar (about 6") is just below where the pain goes across the abdomen.  The first 7 months after the operation she was numb in that area and partially numb for another 5 months.  My three questions are can adhesions be caused from surgery if no Endometriosis was found? Can you develop Endometriosis after your Uterus has been removed? and can anyone recommend a doctor in New Hampshire or New England? Thank you so much!

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: