Re: adhesions & surgery

Sat Jan 24 11:50:45 2009

Do you know the names of doctors doing surgery trials?

> ----- Original Message -----
From: Kelly Murray To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: Saturday, January 24, 2009 5:02 AM Subject: Re: adhesions & surgery

I don't know but I am sure that they may be taking people for surgery trials.

From: Linda To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: Friday, January 23, 2009 5:19 PM Subject: Re: adhesions & surgery

I wonder how long FDA will keep it on trial before allowing its use.

From: Kelly Murray To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: Saturday, January 24, 2009 3:42 AM Subject: Re: adhesions & surgery

It looks to me from reading the letter from the dr. on an earlier post that the "Spray Gel" is on clinical trials here in the U.S.

From: Linda To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: Friday, January 23, 2009 3:42 PM Subject: Re: adhesions & surgery

Hello Jeff,

Please see the below letter from Pam Markford. Her email address is: PJTweetyRN@aol.com

Dr. Redan is a good general surgeon but unfortunately, if your problem is adhesions returning, you may want to consider Dr. Korell. After Dr. Redan performed two laparoscopic adhesiolysis, the adhesions returned and I am still living in excruciating pain dependent on the strongest pain medication. In fact, Dr. Redan now says that it doesn't matter if surgery to remove adhesions is done laparoscopic or open surgery, the adhesions return.

According to Pam, Dr. Korell used SprayGel when performing surgery and she is now living without pain. If your problem is adhesions reforming after surgery, I don't know about you but I would want SprayGel used to keep them form returning. Since Pam Markford is an RN, you may want to consult with her.

Dr. Redan is now located in Orlando, Florida at the Celebration Hospital.

Sincerely, Linda

P.S. If you want a referral for a doctor in Columbus, Ohio, Dr. Redan could probably refer you to a good general surgeon. The Cleveland Clinic is another good source.

*************************************************************************************************************************** =20 Linda,

--
              I am sorry to hear of your struggles.  The name of the doctor in Germany is Dr. Matthias Korell.  His e-mail address is M.Korell@t-online.de and he will answer you personally.  He is a very caring and compassionate man and has had good success with SprayGel.  I had two separate procedures performed within 8 days.  The second look is a short scope procedure where he looks to see if the SprayGel has remained where it was placed and no adhesions have reformed already.  If so he will reduce them and apply more SprayGel.  In 2002 it was scheduled for a three day stay for each procedure in the hospital, but depending on how well you recover, it may be shortened, but the charge is still on your bill.  But this is the only charge for the hospital.  You will also receive a bill from Dr. Korell for his services and for the SprayGel.  At least that is how it was in 2002.  There was an apartment building on the site of the hospital for us to stay.  We were there for 16 days.  You are encouraged to get up and out and walk around as soon as possible to help in the healing process.  Everyone there is great, from Dr. Korell's office staff, the nurses, and the other doctors.  Speaking English only is no problem.  For food there is a cafeteria in the hospital and many places within walking distance or you may take a taxi into the city, only a five minute ride.  Please write to him and he will ask for copies of any tests and operative reports you may have.  You can fax or e-mail them to him.  Please keep me posted.  The one thing I can say is not to give up!!  At times I felt like it, but my husband refused and kept searching for answers until we found Dr. Korell in Duisberg.
          God Bless and Hang in There.
          Pam

*************************************************************************************************************************

> ----- Original Message ----- From: Jeff To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: Saturday, January 24, 2009 2:05 AM Subject: adhesions & surgery

Looking for a good surgeon in Ohio, I am facing surgery for bowel obstruction and am looking for a good dr in Columbus Ohio.

I can't seem to eat and loosing weight down to 120 from 170. Was told my case is complicated because i had about 5 surgeries before and have a Urostomy. Bladder was removed at birth. Had 5 partial obstructions in last 2 years and seem to be getting worse.

I hear about Dr Redan. Is he worth the travel? Any help?

http://www.adhesions.org/forums/listcmds.htm

----------------------------------------------------------------------

No virus found in this incoming message. ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com=20 ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.10.12/1911 - Release Date: 1/23/2009 7:28 AM

-------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------------------------------- No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.10.12/1911 - Release Date: 1/23/2009 7:28 AM

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------------------------------- No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.10.13/1912 - Release Date: 1/23/2009 6:54 PM

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: