Re: waiting to live again

Mon Jan 26 19:55:03 2009

Hi Sabrina,

After reading your account of your experience with surgery by Dr. Redan, it was frightening. I had problems with adhesions returning after he and Dr. Reich operated on me. I trusted Dr. Reich because he is the pioneer of laparoscopic surgery. I believed the procedure he and Dr. Reich were using would work in removing my adhesions. I returned to Dr. Redan for a second surgery to remove adhesions but they returned with a vengeance. I guess I must be one of the two he was talking about. Did you go back to him with your problem? If so, then you're the second patient. It could be that he didn't hear from the other patients when the first surgery didn't work. He did tell me that sometimes it takes 2 or 3 surgeries before a patient gets relief.

>From below email:
When I met with him late last year, one of the first things I asked him > >was, "how many of your patients (AFTER adhesion removal), have to return
> >to you for follow-up and how many never return?" He told me that he's
> >only had 2 patients come back with problems after he'd removed their
> >adhesions.

> ----- Original Message -----
From: D. Tigoudar To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: Tuesday, January 27, 2009 6:16 AM Subject: RE: waiting to live again

Sabrina,

I had a complete hysterectomy at 34 because of the adhesions. I had a opherectomy 6 monthd earlier and the main got increasing worse. I went into a gyno refferred to by many friends so I trusted him. He promised me that after what I call (gutting) me and wrapping my organs the adhesions would never come back. 6 months after that I had the lysis of adhesions with Dr Redan and on the drive home went into kidney failure, now I suffer from Intercistial cystitus IC which means the inner linning of my bladder is completely alcerated. Ive been waiting to live again myself, Ive lost my zest for life after batteling this condition for 6 years. U stay strong and I will too! I understand exactly how you feel. Tammie

Tammie Crongeyer

--- On Mon, 1/26/09, Christi <mcchristi@gmail.com> wrote:

From: Christi <mcchristi@gmail.com> Subject: RE: waiting to live again To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.obgyn.net> Date: Monday, January 26, 2009, 7:16 PM

Sabrina- I'm raising my hand. I got the most wonderful abdominal hysterectomy where from my belly button down, my skin is numb to touch! It still is-5 years later. And it didn't do didley to help with Endometriosis. And it caused adhesions to form and my organs to prolapse. I do agree that it may be medically necessary if it's an emergency and you're bleeding internally or something. But to just take out female organs in "hopes" of fixing something else is not the brightest idea. But to each their own. We all have our stories, don't we? Some things work and some things don't. I just wish I had done my researching BEFORE so we could've made a more informed decision. Oh well. Wishing You All a Pain-Free Night, Christi

-------Original Message-------

From: Sabrina Parks Date: 1/26/2009 11:41:48 AM To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Subject: RE: waiting to live again

Everyone reading this please please remember that even if one woman has a success story that doesnt speak for other women. A doctor is not perfect, a slight slip of the hand, a nip on a nerve or a cut in the wrong direction can happen even with the best of them. Hysterectomy or any surgery poses a risk but its majorly important to know that unless its an emergency hysterectomy is not advised by good doctors who are thinking about your well being instead of their pocket books.

Fact: Patients of hysterectomy may not feel symptoms of Adhesions related Disorder for years after the surgery. No woman can say theirs went well and suggest another woman try it. Thats being irrisponsible with that other womans life. We are all different and the doctors are human. Use facts! The medical health risk facts! Go to this website to see those facts:

http://www.adhesionrelateddisorder.com/

Others experiences good or bad should NEVER be reason to choose a hysterectomy!! Sabrina

> Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 08:43:32 -0600
> From: sarah.wampler@yahoo.com
> To: adhesions@mail.obgyn.net
> Subject: Re: waiting to live again
>
> I had surgery with Dr. Redan over 2 years ago and am a success story. I
> have no pain. Good luck to you!
> At Mon, 26 Jan 2009, Katie wrote:
> >
> >I take it then, you had a bad experience?
> >
> >How many people posting here have actually had surgery with Dr. Redan?
> >How many are success stories?
> >
> >When I met with him late last year, one of the first things I asked him
> >was, "how many of your patients (AFTER adhesion removal), have to return
> >to you for follow-up and how many never return?" He told me that he's
> >only had 2 patients come back with problems after he'd removed their
> >adhesions.
> >
> >I have no idea what to think anymore.
> >
> >--
> >Katie
> >
> >At Mon, 26 Jan 2009, D. Tigoudar wrote:
> >>
> >>Just make sure after your released from the celebration hospital and you should start to have bladder spasms and end up going through kidney failure within 48 hours that you get a promise in writing from Dr.Redan that he will take the time to out of his hectic day to get on the phone with the doctor in your town!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
> >>
> >>Tammie Crongeyer
> >>
>

http://www.adhesions.org/forums/listcmds.htm

---------------------------------------------------------------- Hotmail=AE goes where you go. On a PC, on the Web, on = ---------------------------------------------------------------- your phone. See how.=20

--
----------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------------------------------- No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.10.13/1916 - Release Date: 1/26/2009 7:08 AM

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: