Pain Medications/Questionaire/

Thu Jan 29 13:11:30 2009

Hi,

I am one who has responded better to pain medication I don't feel goofy when I am on it or fall asleep.  I was in pain management for just over a year.  Everything was fine for 9 months.  I went through having nerve blocks that didn't work but kept moving forward.  When my pain started getting worse and I was having unexplained weight gain I started getting frustrated.  The doctor wanted to do something new, an inplanted spinal nerve stimulator.  I did everything I needed to do, the phsyc eval and the trial.  The trial did not work for me.  The kicker was my doctor would consider it a success if I got 10% relief.  I was only supposed to have the trial for 4 days but we extended it to 7 just to see if with adjustments it would work.  I never got relief and during this time I was only allowed minimal meds.  Even without relief, my doctor still wanted to inplant it.  I told him I didn't want to even try the inplant unless someone opened my front side because something was wrong.  Even with me complaining about my pain worsening on the left side and weight gain he ignored it.  I went to my regular doctor and complained.  He had me go to the Gyno (didn't think I needed to ge because of total Hysto).  An ultrasound showed a half dollar size mass growing, my ovary regrew again.  As some know, I just had surgery to remove the growth and another found (fallopian tube) as well as adhesions.  I have not had relief but I was not looking for it becuase I was not looking for it.  This was my last horror story with a doctor.  I am worried about going the Pain Management route again but will probably have too.  I just want to keep moving forward with this.  I have learned that you cannot always rely on your doctor.  Sometimes doctors have provided you all the care but will not tell you they cannot help you when they should.

I will work on a questionaire and will get it out by Monday.  I will only reference you by your e-mail address unless you say otherwise, if at all.  When you repsond, you can just reply to me.

As for Celebrex, I thought it was taken off the market because it did something to the heart.  Don't quote me on this but I was on it and then taken off.

Alta

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: