Re: pain clinic

Thu Jan 29 20:32:16 2009

I was recently at a pain clinic because the doctor who does my pain management is an OBGYN and he wanted to make sure that he was on the right track and if there was anything else that could be done for me. They just asked questions and did a urine test on me to make sure I was REALLY taking what I said I was taking. They recommended biofeedback and a phycologist to talk to. That is it.

Another pain clinic I was at in 2002 was awful that the insurance company wanted me to visit. The doctor argued with me that I didn't need the painkillers I was on for breakthru. But they seem to know more about breakthru now so hopefully that won't be a problem. I finally left there, called the insurance company and told them my doctor was handling my pain management and I wasn't going anywhere else.

I also did the myofacial release but that made my pain worse and my doctor in the states backed out before being able to clean me out the whole way because he didn't want to damage anything. I would think the doctor would want you to wait 6 months to let you heal and all swelling to be gone before putting you through another surgery. I know you would rather just get if over with and heal all at once especially if you didn't have the previous surgery keyhole style.

________________________________ From: Kim <kkajark@aol.com>

--
Sent: Thursday, January 29, 2009 7:03:32 PM
Subject: pain clinic

Hi, I am new to the message board. I have had nine surgeries. Several for endometriosis and a hysterectomy. I just had one in Dec. to remove pelvic and abdominal adhesions. The doctor went in a took down some adhesions but not all of them. He said they were to dense and he could not make out the bowel so he did not want to accidentally cut into it. SO now pain is worse than before surgery. I have done physical therapy, taken pain meds and had myofacial release done. The adhesions always come back. The doctor I just went to is sending me to a pain clinic tomorrow. I have never been to one before and am a little nervous. If there is anyone who can tell me about there experiences with a pain clinic I would appreciate it.

I am sending my records to Dr. Semertizides to see if he can help me. I did send my records to Dr Redan in Florida and he said he would not touch me for 6 months after my surgery. Do all doctors have that policy?

I am really happy I found this website. It helps me to know other people are dealing with this and know how I feel.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: