New - First Post

Mon Feb 2 14:49:40 2009

Hope no one minds me posting.  I game across this group while surfing the net trying to get a handle on my problem. I am a 41 year old mother of 2 teenage boys from Evesham Worcestershire UK. I have battled endrometriosis most of my life - though I was lucky enough to be in stage 1 when I concieved my boys. I had a hysterectomy 3 years ago when a lap showed I had endro sticking my bowel, bladder, womb, stomach wall and gallbladder into one big 'glunk' For the first 6 months after I was relativley pain free but then the same nagging awful pain returned.  Finally I could not stand it any longer and returned to my consultant who this June did another lap - no endro - but dense adhesions - and loads, all through my abdominal cavity - my bowel is still stuck to my stomach wall and this is causing it to twist and I have awful problems with my bowel. I go into hospital on Sunday for a bowel prep followed on Monday by a mid line laporotomy.  They want to unstick my bowel before I obstruct.  I may end up with a bowel reconstrution or a colomostopy - which at 41 is no fun. My hubby of 20 years is very understanding - he has had to be - cant be much fun being married to me - he did not sign up for this type of marriage but he is my rock and really appreciate him.  My boys are wonderful and understanding though they must be fed up with me either being in pain, in hospital or recovering - this one is a 12 week recovery just like my hyst, I must admit to being very scared at the mo - I know what it feels like after this sort of surgery and I know that this surgery may make more adhesions but I cannot risk a bowel obstruction so I am in a no win situation. Please think of me next week Ann-Marie        

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: