Alternative ways to relieve the pain of adhesions

Fri Feb 20 18:23:30 2009

I have had 4 surgeries for adhesions. This time my surgeon said he wasn't going to operate just for adhesions because of the possibility of bowel resection. In about 1 month I have a series of tests scheduled to determine if there is anything else that may be causing the pain and would give them an excuse to operate. In the meantime, I want my life back. I've had to stop all exercise, boxing, ballroon dancing, bellydancing. I'm not about to take pain meds because I would not be able to work. I only take some at night to help me sleep. So I called on my friend a massage therapist and also found an acupuncturist who is licensed in Chinese medicine. They are working together to stop the pain and loosen the grip that adhesions have on my innards. And...it's working!The combination of deep massage, acupuncture and Chinese herbs has allowed me to stand straight and walk without wincing. I am walking my dogs again and hope to return to dancing (gently)in about 2 weeks. I will take the tests..I'm 50 so am due for one anyway... but by then I hope to tell the doc that I am no longer in pain. If you live in So. Cal I would be glad to give you their information.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: