Re: For Jennifer Blevins

Fri Feb 27 14:23:06 2009

Are you saying those with Hiatus Hernia may be suffering as a result of ARD? Could my rather large hernia be a result of ARD? This is a very interesting point and I would love to hear if others suffer with this as well. I am taking meds for this and find it concerning that they may be hurting my digestion furthering the problems with intestines, bowels,.

Donna J

-----Original Message----- From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of Donna C Boggs Sent: Thursday, February 26, 2009 9:54 AM To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Subject: Re: For Jennifer Blevins

IEP meetings! Hard job - good for you! I have a friend with 2 children with ADHD/Anxiety and she sings the praises of the teachers who work so hard for her children.

Fullness - digestion - adhesions: I have added b-12 and folic acid to my daily regimen of vitamins - calcium/mag/zinc, Omega 3-6-9. All have helped with digestion and constipation. People with adhesions often have acid reflux and taking meds for it will slow down digestion. I sometimes take digestive enzymes with high fiber meals and they help. Exercise always helps, even when I am in too much pain to move an inch, I force myself to talk a short walk to keep things moving. I drink Kefir, a fermented dairy product chock full of all the pro-biotic we all need so much. Yogurt is a staple of my diet. I use dill, ginger, turmeric, garlic, curries, fennel in my cooking - all are great for digestion. Fiber, fiber, fiber! Must eat fiber!

-----Original Message----- From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of Kim Sent: Thursday, February 26, 2009 11:25 AM To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Subject: Re: For Jennifer Blevins

I have similar symptoms. I always feel full. My abdomen is distended most days. I am a special ed teacher also. I have a 1st grade self contained class. It is very hard to do my job. Yesterday I had IEP meetings all day when I got home I was in so much pain. I could not take enough pain meds and I could not do anything else but lay in bed with the heating pad on. I have always had really low blood pressure and now have high blood pressure. I have severe constipation which makes pain worse. I went to one doctor and he rated adhesions from 1-5 and he said I was a 5, he had only seen one other case as bad as mine. I had an obstruction serious of x-rays and do not have an obstruction but the adhesions are binding. I have sent my records to Dr Gerhart and am just waiting for a response. I am so anxious to go see him and end this pain and get my life back.

At Thu, 26 Feb 2009, Sinski, Jennifer B. Blevins wrote: >
>Katie,
>
>It felt like I was full all the time and couldn't eat. Also felt
like >a

belt that was way overtightened around my diaphragm area. When I would site for any period of time, it felt like a fist was being pushed in and up behind my ribcage. It made it very difficult to do my job at the time, teaching Learning & behavior disorder kids in a closed classroom. Plus pain made my bp go way up. I did lose about 35 pounds. Multiple tests and my gi doc diagnosed me with adhesions and gastroparesis. Lucky for me when they took out my gall bladder the surgeon had noted that I was full of adhesions on my surgical notes - of course he didn't tell me at the time. >
>Nobody in town would do surgery for adhesions. First tried to go
to FL >-

Dr. Redan but they didn't take my insurance. He told me about Dr. Gerhart in PA and said that he took my insurance. Then somebody recommended him on here. It took several weeks for him to get to read my file, but once he did he got me in quickly as school was starting again. The day after surgery I was eating fine. Unfortunately the diaphragm pain turned out to be endo on my diaphragm and that pain was not resolved. I'm in pain management now. >
>________________________________
>
>From: adhesions@adhesions.org on behalf of Katie
>
>--
>Sent: Wed 2/25/2009 11:06 PM
>To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS
>Subject: For Jennifer Blevins
>
>Jennifer,
>
>That sounds exactly like what my doctors think is going on with
me. >Involvment of the liver and dueodenum and bile duct.
>
>Can you tell me what some of your symptoms were before your

surgery? >
>Thanks,
>Katie
>
>Katie
>
>At Wed, 25 Feb 2009, Sinski, Jennifer B. Blevins
>wrote:
>>
>>I had surgery with Dr. Gerhart about 1 1/2 ago.
>
> Everything went smoothly. He cut adhesions between my liver and

>dueodenum(sp?) and took biopsies of several spots on my diaprhagm
and >bowels. He took pictures of the surgery and spots all over my
insides. >Turns out it was endo everywhere. Before surgery it kind of felt
like >I had a lapband preventing me from eating anything hardly.
>After surgery, I can eat and process food fine.
>The adhesions were causing problems. He is very professional as
are >is staff and the hospital was nice to me as well.
>I would recommend him and he took my insurance as well.
>

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: