Re: Question for Linda

Fri Mar 6 21:33:20 2009

Castor oil works also.

I have alot of problems with adhesions but started Jazzercies a year ago and I think it has helped me alot. There are some exercises that I can't do that involve the stomach and pelvic area but I do stretch alot.

I think if a person stays in bed, everything gets worse.

Kelly

Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2009 19:47:04 -0600 From: lindahalford@comcast.net To: adhesions@mail.obgyn.net Subject: Re: Question for Linda

Katie,

After each of the surgeries, I got a few weeks worth of relief. The adhesions reformed and the pain returned with a vengeance. I've used every drug suggested, including a morphine pump. After awhile my body became immune to the drugs and they didn't give me relief. I had the pump removed after I exhausted the highest dose of morphine and became immuned to it. I'm not any better after the two surgeries I had. With each surgery comes risk of perforating the bowels and other complications. The only way I'd have another surgery is if there is something used to keep the adhesions from reforming.

If you can tolerate any form of exercise, it's good for you. Stretching helps loosen the adhesions. It may loosen the adhesions if one massages the area with some type of oil like Olive Oil, Vitamin E, or Mineral Oil. There are some physical therapists that know how to manipulate (massage) the adhesions to loosen them. After treatments, have the therapist place a moist heat pad on the abdomen and the back. It gives a lot of relief for awhile. I've found getting in a hot tub or swimming pool helps relief pain. Whatever works to get relief from pain, do it. It's also very, very important to have regular bowel movements. I've ended up in the emergency room when I was compacted/backed up. I believe in colon cleansing. I've gone to colonics to get a thorough cleansing. Now, I eat prunes, drink warm prune juice, lots of water and take bowel softening (natural vegetable) laxatives.

Linda

>----- Original Message -----
From: Katie To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: Friday, March 06, 2009 9:30 AM Subject: Question for Linda

Linda, did you ever feel better after your surgeries? Also, do you feel that you are worse off because of the surgeries?

Does anyone know if exercise is a good idea or a bad idea after lysis of adhesions?

KATIE

At Thu, 5 Mar 2009, Linda wrote: >
>Hi Kris,
>
>Thanks so much for the info. How many surgeries

have you had to remove adhesions? Did Dr. Johnson perform all your surgeries? Did he use something to keep adhesions from reforming? Dr. Redan made a video of my surgery and it was gross; however, the adhesions returned. The sprayshield/spraygel wasn't available in 2001. I wrote Dr. Redan several weeks ago asking if he was using spraygel/sprayshield but I haven't heard back from him. He probably doesn't want to perform a third surgery on me because the first two were not successful. >
>--
>Linda

htm

No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com Version: 8.0.237 / Virus Database: 270.11.8/1987 - Release Date: 03/06/09 07:20:00

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: