For Julie Ochs

Sun Mar 8 10:18:28 2009

Julie, whoa! You just wrote MY story!

I was in pain for 2 years and was finally sent to a guy in Florida that specializes in Spinchter of Oddi dysfunction. I had an ERCP and he put a stent in bile duct and then removed it about 5 weeks later. I wasn't great but at least I could eat again. (I had gotten down to about 100 pounds before that and was sick all the time.)

Anyhow, here we are almost 3 years later and I am in pain all the time, I have blood in my urine, started throwing up blood about a week ago, bilirubin is going up, platelets are going down, dropped 10 pounds in 2 weeks, nightsweats, chills and have been in and out of the hospital and doctor's offices at least 7 times in the last 14 days. I want to add here though that I have never asked for pain meds nor have I ever accepted them when they gave me a prescription for them. I'm not saying that I am made of steel, I just fear pain meds more than I do the pain.

I'm wondering if I need another stent and just last Friday called the guy in FL (he actually pioneered the technique used for SOD in the SouthEast), and made an appt. to go back to him. If you can get around his ego, he is awesome!

A colonscopy proved that I have bowel strictures but I am wondering if bowel strictures cause the symptoms of SOD or if I have both???? Do I get another stent or have surgery for adhesions (the surgery is scheduled for this month with Dr. Redan).

I have read a ton of stories on here about women who have adhesions also having pancreatic problems.

--
Katie

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: