Re: adhesions saved my life, but what a mess, looking for a doc

Thu Mar 12 16:08:13 2009

WOW Michele, You have been through so much. I am so sorry. Again with the Doctors, Being a BABY?? What a JERK! Were you able to do anything to that doctor, like possibly sue him? Turning him in for all of the mistakes that he made? then Peritonitis? Why did he operate by himself? Is he another surgeon that suffers from short man syndrome? that has a point to prove? You just proved again how horribly Women are treated by the medical profession. We lie, beg for pain meds, are told to read a book "They don't know what's wrong with me" and on and on. What will it take to be believed in? I went to Germany in April 2005 for 2 adhesion surgeries. I was doing wonderfully after surgery, able to stand up straight, no doubling over, no sharp stabbing pains, no ripping and tearing especially before, during and after bowel movements, or when food was trying to digest. I got hurt 7 weeks post-op, went back to work 5 weeks too soon because pressure was on, had my gallbladder removed, then tripped and fell landing on my tummy, chest, jaw, and skinned my knees. I really never got the chance to reap the rewards of my surgeries, but the few weeks relief that I did have were heaven. Dr. K. has offered for me to return for a 3rd look, but I just don't have the extra funds. I am so desperate again. I have even gained weight which is not like me at all, I just have recently started buying and eating junk. Basically ice cream, it is easy to eat, no chewing involved for my damaged jaw. It is horrible on my digestion. I just crave sugar! My husband feels that my weight gain may be the reason my adhesions are worse. Oh Probably! I don't know about doctors here in the states. I have heard about Harry Reicht, and of a Doc in Bend, Or. and in Los Gatos, Ca. but, not sure about the outcome of the surgeries they perform. Take care of yourself, sorry I really don't have many answers for you, but I just had to write because I just feel so bad about what has been done to you, and all that you have gone through. Cheryl D.

> ----- Original Message -----
From: michele<mailto:team1rules@gmail.com> To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS<mailto:adhesions@mail.obgyn.net> Sent: Thursday, March 12, 2009 2:34 PM Subject: adhesions saved my life, but what a mess, looking for a doc

Iwas 28 years old with bad periods. My doc had previously removed a tubal pregnancy and noted the "thick, dense adhesions." A year later, lysis of adhesions was suggested for treating my period pain. I was told the outcome would be good. Well, the doc removed some adhesions, but severed my colon in half, not to mention my small intestines, then closed me up, not noticing the errors(he operated by himself, no assistant). Thirteen days went by. unbearable pain, doctor told me I was being a "baby", surgey should hurt! well, being carried into the e.r., A HUGE abcess was found. I had been living with peritonitis for two weeks. Adhesions grew around abcess, doing its best to contain it in my abdomen, without it entering the blood stream. I should have died, no question. Well, its 8 years later, and my pelvic region is a complete mess. Uterus attached to rectum, ovaries to bladder. No bowel function during my period, hospitalized for 7 days each month. I can go on and on, like many of you. I am looking for a skilled doc who you would trust with your life. I live in pa, but am open to any suggestions out there to try and put things back to where they should be. I expect an ostomy, there is to much damage to my bowel, to many bowel obstructions, surgeries, etc. ANYONE OUT THERE, PLEASE PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR THOUGHTS ON THESE DOCS. I want to make the most infomed decision I can, and all of you know the pain and destruction these adhesions make. thanks for listening.

To remove yourself from the adhesions@adhesions.org<mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org> mailing list please go to the unsubscribe form at http://www.adhesions.org/forums/listcmds.htm<http://www.adhesions.org/forums/listcmds.htm> ms/message.htm>

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: