Re: adhesions saved my life, but what a mess, looking for a doc

Thu Mar 12 16:03:09 2009

Michael Smith 314-842-6183

He's in St. Louis MO

I just had a major hernia surgery and adhesion removal. He is the only surgeon who said he could do the surgery laparoscopically. He did and no perfs. I too have been left with a cut intestine and nearly died. Finding an excellent surgeon is definitely key. He won't tell you your adhesions don't hurt. His wisdom saved a lot of grief for me because he knew how to avoid the risks and the problems.

Kelly ------Original Message------ From: micheleSender: adhesions@adhesions.org To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS ReplyTo: adhesions@adhesions.org Subject: adhesions saved my life, but what a mess, looking for a doc Sent: Mar 12, 2009 4:34 PM

Iwas 28 years old with bad periods. My doc had previously removed a tubal pregnancy and noted the "thick, dense adhesions." A year later, lysis of adhesions was suggested for treating my period pain. I was told the outcome would be good. Well, the doc removed some adhesions, but severed my colon in half, not to mention my small intestines, then closed me up, not noticing the errors(he operated by himself, no assistant). Thirteen days went by. unbearable pain, doctor told me I was being a "baby", surgey should hurt! well, being carried into the e.r., A HUGE abcess was found. I had been living with peritonitis for two weeks. Adhesions grew around abcess, doing its best to contain it in my abdomen, without it entering the blood stream. I should have died, no question. Well, its 8 years later, and my pelvic region is a complete mess. Uterus attached to rectum, ovaries to bladder. No bowel function during my period, hospitalized for 7 days each month. I can go on and on, like many of you. I am looking for a skilled doc who you would trust with your life. I live in pa, but am open to any suggestions out there to try and put things back to where they should be. I expect an ostomy, there is to much damage to my bowel, to many bowel obstructions, surgeries, etc. ANYONE OUT THERE, PLEASE PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR THOUGHTS ON THESE DOCS. I want to make the most infomed decision I can, and all of you know the pain and destruction these adhesions make. thanks for listening.

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: