Re: If you have had surgery in the last few months...

Mon Mar 16 17:00:53 2009

--57b019fa-f225-4847-b48c-dd6ea1bf90fd Content-Type: TEXT/plain; charset=us-ascii

Thank you I have been suffering with these for about thirty years. A doctor told me after I had gallbladder surgery in 1973 and began having pain that it was probably adhesions, but if they don't bother you we won't bother them. Had a hysterectomy two years later and was told every thing was stuck together. They didn't say why and I had already forgot what the other doctor had said. then when I had gastric by-pass surgery six years ago the doctor told me that everything was stuck together. Not until after my first ARD surgery did I remember what the first doctor said after galbladder surgery. Keep thinking it would go away ONLY GETS WORSE after each operation. No MORE, God bless all those who are trying. Everybody is different so don't go by my story. Terrie

In a message dated 03/16/09 18:07:38 Eastern Daylight Time, klmurray_61@msn.com writes: Good for you Terrie. I hope that people realize that you just can't keep going back in for more surgeries. I hear "Just for a few months relief." They can come back worse or you can get all kinds of complications for wanting a few months relief. If you just have to have surgery and it is not an emergency, then at least go to someone that specializes in adhesion surgery. And even then, the cure rate isn't great. I am pretty miserable right now but I will not give in unless I see more good results. I have been to Germany and had the Spray Gel but I know they are more advanced now.

>----- Original Message -----
From: teatime47@aol.com To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: Monday, March 16, 2009 2:34 PM Subject: Re: If you have had surgery in the last few months...

Katie The doctor who did my Gastric-Bypass surgery. He is amazed each time because of how much they have grown back. It is the last time unless I am about to die from it. No more. Will just live on pain med for now. Thank you and I will pray for the best for you. Terrie

-----Original Message----- From: Katie <katie_scarlett67@hotmail.com> To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS <adhesions@mail.obgyn.net> Sent: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 3:34 pm Subject: Re: If you have had surgery in the last few months...

Hi Terrie. Gosh, six times just for the removal of adhesions? I am so sorry. Who did your surgery?

Do you think this might be your last one? (I hope, I hope, I hope!!)

--
Katie

At Mon, 16 Mar 2009, teatime47@aol.com wrote: > >Hi Katie >My name is Terrie I had surgery Dec 29th my 6th for

removal of adhesions. Beginning to feel better. Still have pain on left side after sitting for too long or after eating. E-mail me anytime teatime47@aol.com > >-----Original Message----- >From: Katie <katie_scarlett67@hotmail.com> >To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS <adhesions@mail.obgyn.net> >Sent: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 3:01 pm >Subject: If you have had surgery in the last

few months... > >I was just wondering if you would tell us how

you are feeling? > >There are so many members here and I cannot recall

all of the names and >emails of those of you that had surgery recently. > >Anyhow, how are you? > >Hugs to all, >Katie

Live traffic, local info, maps, directions and more with the NEW MapQuest Toolbar. Get it now!

--57b019fa-f225-4847-b48c-dd6ea1bf90fd Content-Type: TEXT/html; charset=utf-8 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8BIT

Thank you I have been suffering with these for about thirty years. A doctor told me after I had gallbladder surgery in 1973 and began having pain that it was probably adhesions, but if they don't bother you we won't bother them. Had a hysterectomy two years later and was told every thing was stuck together. They didn't say why and I had already forgot what the other doctor had said. then when I had gastric by-pass surgery six years ago the doctor told me that everything was stuck together. Not until after my first ARD surgery did I remember what the first doctor said after galbladder surgery. Keep thinking it would go away ONLY GETS WORSE after each operation. No MORE, God bless all those who are trying. Everybody is different so don't go by my story.
Terrie

In a message dated 03/16/09 18:07:38 Eastern Daylight Time, klmurray_61@msn.com writes:
Good for you Terrie.  I hope that people realize that you just can't keep going back in for more surgeries.  I hear "Just for a few months relief."  They can come back worse or you can get all kinds of complications for wanting a few months relief.  If you just have to have surgery and it is not an emergency, then at least go to someone that specializes in adhesion surgery. And even then, the cure rate isn't great.
I am pretty miserable right now but I will not give in unless I see more good results.  I have been to Germany and had the Spray Gel but I know they are more advanced now.
>
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, March 16, 2009 2:34 PM
Subject: Re: If you have had surgery in the last few months...

Katie
The doctor who did my Gastric-Bypass surgery. He is amazed each time because of how much they have grown back. It is the last time unless I am about to die from it. No more. Will just live on pain med for now.
Thank you and I will pray for the best for you.
Terrie

-----Original Message-----
To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS <adhesions@mail.obgyn.net>
Sent: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 3:34 pm
Subject: Re: If you have had surgery in the last few months...

Hi Terrie.  Gosh, six times just for the removal of adhesions? I am so
sorry.  Who did your surgery?

Do you think this might be your last one?  (I hope, I hope, I hope!!)

Katie

At Mon, 16 Mar 2009, teatime47@aol.com wrote:
>
>Hi Katie
>My name is Terrie I had surgery Dec 29th my 6th for
removal of adhesions. Beginning to feel better. Still
have pain on left side after sitting for too long or
after eating. E-mail me anytime teatime47@aol.com
>
>-----Original Message-----
>From: Katie <katie_scarlett67@hotmail.com>
>To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS
<adhesions@mail.obgyn.net>
>Sent: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 3:01 pm
>Subject: If you have had surgery in the last
few months...
>
>I was just wondering if you would tell us how
 you are feeling?
>
>There are so many members here and I cannot recall
 all of the names and
>emails of those of you that had surgery recently.
>
>Anyhow, how are you?
>
>Hugs to all,
>Katie

To remove yourself from the adhesions@adhesions.org mailing list please go
 to the unsubscribe form at http://www.adhesions.org/forums/listcmds.htm

--57b019fa-f225-4847-b48c-dd6ea1bf90fd--

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: