Re: Surgery on NYEve

Wed Mar 18 19:15:39 2009

If you had gone to Dr. S to get the hernia repaired, he could have done both. Dr. Redan removed massive adhesions and a small hernia at the same time. Unfortunately, since there wasn't an adhesions barrier used, they returned. I hope and pray if I do have adhesion surgery again, there will be a substance to keep them from returning because I couldn"t stand to have these monsters grow back.

'

> ----- Original Message -----
From: Juli Ochs To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: Tuesday, March 17, 2009 10:30 AM Subject: Surgery on NYEve

I wish I could say I was feeling better, but after about 2 weeks of "maybe this will be OK" the pain is back. It is starting slowly, but I can't seem to wean myself off the laxatives without invoking tremendous cramping. If I don't take them, everything just stops and it hurts so bad I can hardly move. If I do, then things move out quickly, and I have much less pain. I don't eat any meat, fatty foods, tomatos or sweets. As long as I don't eat anything that is difficult to digest I can tolerate life.

I am talking to a surgeon here in Minneapolis and have been in contact with Dr S in Ohio. I haven't decided which to go to yet. The surgery would be covered 100% in MN but I don't want to go more than one more time so I need to figure out if I can trust this surgeon. I meet with him on March 26th.

We'll see, the Dr that did the surgery on new years eve was a hernia dr and had no clue what to do with the adhesions, he cut them all. I am sure they are back with a vengeance since that is about the worst thing he could have done. It was excurciating when I woke up and he wouldn't give me pain meds except the lowest dose which didn't touch it. I've had a long slow crawl back from that surgery and not much respite.

Juli

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ -------------------------------------------------------------------------

--
-------------------------------------------------------------------------  No virus found in this incoming message.
  Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com
  Version: 8.0.238 / Virus Database: 270.11.18/2009 - Release Date: 03/18/09 07:17:00

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: