Adhesions and Scans....

Sat Mar 21 19:46:37 2009

In response to Vicki, Let me say first and foremost, NO scan will show up all the adhesions that anyone may have. The only one that I have heard of that even shows any is the Functional Cine MRI Scan. I, myself, have had so many tests and scans and xrays, none of which has ever shown my adhesions. I am full of adhesions and my intestines are bound together by them, not to mention my other organs are bound to my intestines and their counter parts. I just had a Upper GI and Small Bowel Follow-thru, needless to say, the doctor tried to say that adhesions were not present. I laughed at him. I had just had my hysterectomy done about 2 years ago and my OB/GYN told me had a heck of a time trying to find my uterus because the adhesions were so thick and he was able to get 12 feet of my bowels semi-sort of cut apart, but that it was just such a mess in there that he couldn't take care of it all and that they would form back within 3 hours to 5 days. So the next time someone tries to tell you that you don't have adhesions, make sure you ask them when the last time they did surgery on you!!! Cause if they haven't done surgery, then they don't know what they are talking about. I love proving (Ignorant) doctors wrong. It shows them that sometimes the patient actually knows more than them. Needless to say, that generally makes them very mad. But it is OUR bodies that is suffering and they need to think about that sometimes and actually listen to the patient. It is a very RARE chance to find a doctor that will actually LISTEN and DO what is needed to help a patient with severe adhesions. This site in itself proves that. I am hoping that after all these years my surgeon will finally listen and do something about mine. I will know more on Tuesday. God bless us all and I pray we all get the help we are so long over due for.

Sincerely... Debbie

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: