Re: Suing the original surgeon?

Thu May 14 18:56:21 2009

Anytime one has surgery adhesions form. Some people are affected worse than others. If patients sued, it could be a class action and it would take years to settle. If an individual wanted to sue, they would have to find a lawyer who would handle the case on a contingency basis.

It would be nice if doctors informed patients about adhesions forming after surgery. I didn't know I had massive adhesions until I had to have my gallbladder removed. The general surgeon wrote in his report that he couldn't locate a place to do laparoscopic surgery because I had massive adhesions. This resulted in his having to cut my abdomen vertically up the center. He stapled me together. Needless to say, more adhesions formed from this surgery. If I had know about adhesions and how they would affect me, I would never have had the first surgery. What really bothers me is that doctors act like they don't know people have adhesions after surgery and that adhesions attach to vital organs and press against nerve endings.

I know a Mary Miller in Jacksonville, FL.

>----- Original Message -----
From: "IAS Admin (Tracy)" <tracy.joslin@adhesions.org> To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.obgyn.net> Sent: Thursday, May 14, 2009 4:44 AM Subject: Suing the original surgeon?

> Sender: marymiller@hotmail.com (MM)
> Subject: Suing the original surgeon?
>
> Has anyone looked into suing the origianl surgeon who created the
> adhesions, for failing to mention the possibility they would form and
> for not taking any preventive measures? Is such a case winnable?
>

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: