Suing the original surgeon?

Sat May 16 17:41:39 2009

From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of CorcoranHeatwave@aol.com Sent: Thursday, May 14, 2009 9:49 PM To: adhesions-request@adhesions.org Subject: Re: Suing the original surgeon?

I tried to sue the doctor that did my appendix. He butcher me! But at the time Dr. Ore from phila was retiring and all the doctors covered for him.    Joan   In a message dated 5/14/2009 8:05:25 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, tracy.joslin@adhesions.org writes: From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of HERB F DIXON Sent: Wednesday, May 13, 2009 9:31 PM To: adhesions-request@adhesions.org Subject: Re: Suing the original surgeon?

I don't know if such a case exists. I do know that when I saw many doc's after my sigmoid resection, for diverticulosis, they all protect each other and do not want to get involved. My surgery was very quick. It was supposed to be 2-4 hours, and he was done within an hour. aeven when my gastro did my colonoscopy, he said that it looked as if I had a loose stitch and that possibly my surgeon may have to go back in to fix it. We went to see the surgeon, he said that it takes a while for stitches to disolve. My Gastro tried to pull the stitches loose, and at that time determined I had adhesions. I was never told about adhesions for any of my abdominal surgeries. The surgeons are in way too much of a hurry, and leave out vital info. He was more of a jerk when we saw him after my surgery after about 6-8 months. We are not nice, we say he suffers from short man syndrome. The doc's and surgeons are all buddies that is how we saw it. My Gastro has been the most help, and honest. Keep us posted. I am wondering if anyone else has sued. Cheryl D.   > Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 19:14:18 -0500
> From: tracy.joslin@adhesions.org
> To: adhesions@mail.obgyn.net
> Subject: Suing the original surgeon?
>
> Sender: marymiller@hotmail.com (MM)
> Subject: Suing the original surgeon?
>
> Has anyone looked into suing the origianl surgeon who created the
> adhesions, for failing to mention the possibility they would form and
> for not taking any preventive measures? Is such a case winnable?
>

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: