SPINAL CORD STIMULATOR

Sat May 16 17:42:43 2009

From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of lindahalford Sent: Friday, May 15, 2009 9:39 PM To: adhesions-request@adhesions.org Subject: SPINAL CORD STIMULATOR

I met with a neurologist at the Collier Spine Institute for the first visit today, Friday, May 15th.  He believes I may get a lot of pain relief from a Spinal Cord Stimulator.  It is fairly small and is inserted under the fatty pocket of the hip located just below the waist.  Jerry Lewis (comedian and spokesman for the Multiple Dystrophy telethon) said he suffered for years with pain but after getting the Spinal Cord Stimulator, he is getting relief.  It's worth a try and if it doesn't work, I can always get it removed.  At least I won't have to take pain medication(s) and if I did have to take any, it probably would be a minimal dose.    Is there anyone on this site who has one of these devices and if so, is it helping?    This is not the same as the Morphine Pump which I had at one time, exhausted all pain meds and became immune to them. 

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: