adhesions,(aftercare advice,nutrition advice,and preventative

Sat Feb 27 20:31:57 2010

Hi all,well as the title suggest after some advice really regarding all things adhesions,sorry if the title sounds a bit daft but don't really know how else to phrase it. Okay a little bit of background information about myself and problems if i may. Okay im a English guy who is 39 years old and just had by second operation to remove a severe build up of adhesions that led to a kinked bowel,this all seems to have started from a intestinal operation i had as a child(i have in fact now had 4 stomach operations)and to be honest this is the worst one yet,maybe its because im getting older but almost 4 weeks after leaving hospital im still in loads of discomfort,relying on lots of painkillers can only walk very short distances and as yet don't see when i will be able to return to work and the job i love,im sure you guys are all really familiar with the above scenario but thought it may help you to help me.To be truthful in the past i have seemed to recover quickly & got back to a normal life and not given the matter much thought but this time im determined to obtain as much info as possible so that i can deal with this problem as best as possible,so far i have quit smoking which i have only just found out is not good for adhesions anyway and im trying to improve my diet,(im a vegetarian also is this a help or hindrance?),my doctors dont seem to be willing/able to give me much info so any guidance into aftercare for this matter so thought i would run it past you guys,what im really looking for is dietery advice,post op advice ie when i should consider returning to work (i have a physical job involving dogs) and any other sources of info that may help in the future from what i have learned so far i know there is no way of preventing it so im just looking to manage it in the best possible way and if possible get my self in as good a shape as possible when im able to so that should it happen again im in as good as shape as possible to cope with it.sorry for the really long first post but like i say im just after as much good advice as possible. thanks for reading jason

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: