laparotomy intussusception - adhesiolysis

Thu Apr 22 20:35:15 2010

I was suffering with stomach pain and stomach bloating. I was treated for IBS for 2 years. Two year back I was put under CT scan and intussusception in the jejune area. Doctor after struggling with laparoscopy for few time, decided to do laparotomy. The result, no instussusception was discovered but adhesiolysis was done which was (as I was told) was showing intussusception in the CT scan. 8 months after surgery, I got stomach blocked with massive pains and was taken for another CT and instussusception appeared again !!. I was told this time that this could be because of adhesions, but since I have sugery few months back conservative approach will be taken. I was on liquid diet for 3 weeks. I went through Enteroclysis and nothing was discovered, since doctors were looking for something might have ben missed in surgery, but he did not find anything !! the swelling went away after few weeks. This happened a year back and since then I am in misery when eating anything. I still get some pain after every meal, more when I eat is larger quantity, on my left side of stomach. Doctors told me, this could be due to adhensions but no one can confirm. Everyday this pain is misery, though it is not very strong pain. I want to know what could cause this pain and what should I do? Is this normal to get these pains even after 2 years of surgery. Do I have to live with these pains forever?

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: