Re: Spinal cord stimulation device for pain

Tue Jun 15 22:41:38 2010

Hi Kim, my previous pain doc did not recommend a pain pump or spinal cord stim as he did research and told me that there is limited research or studies to show that such treatments will help abdominal and/or pelvic pain. But, he did tell me if I wanted to try it he would do it. My fear is that due to being so susceptible to developing scar tissue from surgery - what if the leads ended up adhering to my spine? So far, that's a chance I'm not willing to take, but I won't say "never".

On Jun 2, 2010, at 11:11 PM, "IAS Admin \(Tracy\)" <tracy.joslin@adhesions.org> wrote: From: kkajark@aol.com (Kim) Subject: Spinal cord stimulation device for pain

Does anyone have this device?

The pain doctor I am seeing suggested I get this spiinal cord stimulation device. The doc does surgery to implant leads and an implantable pulse genoratoon on next to the spine. Then you have a remote to control the impulses. So I guess it is like a tens unit that goes on your spine. I am really scared and just wanted to know if anyone else has ever tried this.

I have tried so many different pain meds and therapies. I have all ready had 11 surgeries. All of the doctors I go to tell me not to have any more surgeries. I feel so despirate for some relief from this pain.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: