Re: Neurontin (USA) -- also Gabapentin as RX for me

Sat Nov 5 14:40:10 2011

I took what Dr's (since) called a "crap load" of Gabapentin (nuerontin) for 3 years. I wanted to avoid being on anything like vicoden or roxyset, oddly enough, to get back to work as soon as I could.

However, Gabapentin was a nightmare. It's hard to explain, but it messed with my thought process as well as my memory and I became very depressed. What was the worst was that my Dr.s wouldn't listen about the issues that I was experiencing. Things like just walking along and falling. (about once a month) Reaching for the cookie sheet THEN the pot holder. Forgetting relatives / former co-workers for a day or two. Became fearful of leaving the house alone. And I was almost constantly nauseated. It took years to get them to listen.

It wasn't until my pain had escalated beyond what my Dr. felt Gabapentin could help with - that he switched me off of it. I found a Dr. who would work with me and now am doing a combination of vicodin & accupuncture. My "thought" is much better since off of Gabapentin.

I am happy that apparently, Gabapentin works for some people. Just do not hesitate to talk to your Dr. if you think something may be amiss!!

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: