Recent News

Thu Dec 22 22:21:29 2011

From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of Christi McDonald Sent: Wednesday, December 14, 2011 3:54 PM To: adhesions-request@adhesions.org Subject: Re: Recent News

I know there is no fix I can give you, but I CAN tell you that I understand. I hardly ever take the time to write, but I read every post and feel everyone's pain as I am also an adhesion sufferer too. Going on close to 28 years of dealing with this, starting with my first barium lower gi xray at 17, ah the memories... I have extreme bowel and cudesac adhesions and also some adhesions on my abdominal wall, ureters, stomach, bladder and kidneys that make everything concerning digesting food and water a nightmare. I also have endometriosis, kidney stones and a 20x20 cm tumor on my coccyx no dr wants to mess with too, by the way. But I will save that rant on drs and their belittling of women's pain for another day. I too have lost weight especially in the last 3 months. Eating is no joke. Thanksgiving was terrifying as I did not monitor my intake and suffered the distended embarrassing Ethiopian belly look as my body tried to keep up with the extra food. Chewing slowly and deliberately is crucial. A little helpful hint to women adhesion sufferers-maternity clothes. That's all I'm saying.  I have also noticed that stress is a major factor in the irritation of the adhesion areas. Very interesting that you have also experienced this. Using biofeedback type breathing techniques, aroma therapy and taking hot Epsom salt soaks are natural ways that I combat those stress nerves. Avoiding stress of any kind is really impossible but it helps if there are loved ones that "get it". I know there is nothing I can say or do to ease anyone's pain, but please know yall are not alone. I pray there will be a cure/preventative one day for adhesions of any sort. Until then, I am thankful for this group and say a little prayer for anyone who is suffering.   Much Grace, Peace and Healing, Christi  On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 8:29 PM, IAS Admin <tracy.joslin@adhesions.org> wrote: From: kbjoran@yahoo.com (Kathleen) Subject: Recent News

I've been living with severe abdominal adhesions for 25+ years. Recently, I discovered the adhesions are now around my stomach, gall bladder, lungs, heart (everything north of the diaphragm).  I had to go to the emergency room as I knew something was wrong.  I have no medical insurance so that visit cost me $1396.00 and all I really got was some Prednisone and Vicodin.  I know stress is key to the swelling and I try to avoid it at all costs but that's not always easy.  Recently I have found that my stomaach won't allow me to eat the way I used to.  People joke about the way I eat but it's not funny to me.  I take very small bites and chew until the food is basically dissolved.  I've lost over 50 pounds in the past two years.  I sometimes wake up with a 'tightness' in my chest but I know it's just the adhesions and, since nothing can be done about them, I just turn over and try to go back to sleep.

Why does this continue to be such a medical mystery? Is it the fact that mostly women suffer from this condition that precludes it from a cure? I have my original medical records showing the findings of when this was first discovered in me.  There were unidentified blue crystals in my abdomen and they were thought to be the antagonist.  That was when I was 28.  Now I'm 55 and things have progressed to the point where I fear every little twinge.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: