Re: Charcoal Tablets?

Tue May 4 14:31:17 1999

>From nobody@talk.obgyn.net Tue May 4 14:31:16 1999
Received: (from nobody@localhost) by talk.obgyn.net (8.9.3/8.9.3) id OAA30697 for adhesions@adhesions.org; Tue, 4 May 1999 14:31:16 -0500 Message-Id: <199905041931.OAA30697@talk.obgyn.net> Date: Tue, 4 May 1999 14:31:16 -0500 (CDT) Errors-To: postmaster@obgyn.net Reply-To: mhaya0902@aol.com From: mhaya0902@aol.com (Anne Hayashi) To: adhesions@adhesions.org X-Original-Sender: @ 205.188.200.46 Subject: Pain Clinics

I recently sent an email question to http://www.pain.com, a site managed by the Dannemiller Memorial Educational Foundation. I believe the "pain doctors" who answer the questions are anesthesiologists. This site has an immense amount of information about the location of pain clinics, appropriate drugs to control pain, and nerve blocks. Although they do not limit themselves to "pelvic adhesions", I have found most interesting their information concerning possible nerve entrapment, its diagnosis and treatment. On the home page, you will find a section called "Ask the Doctor". Under this section you will also find an archive which contains Pelvic Pain and Adhesions as subheadings.

After 35 years of suffering, and multiple surgeries,I have decided that the main priority for me is getting out of pain NOW, and leading a full productive life. I thought you might find interesting the answer given to me in a question I asked for the Week of Wed., 11/11,98. The essence of my question was whether "The Pain Doctor" thought I should try surgery again using interceed barriers.

An excerpt from The Pain Doctor's reply was..."I don't think doing surgery will do much good (EXCEPTION--if you have a bowel obstruction, then you MUST have surgery), except to make the problem even worse. I have several patients who have had several belly surgeries, and now they are comfortable, productive people because they take oral analgesic medications. If Ultram is too weak, then a stronger opioid(such as hydrocodone or codeine) might be effective; if these fail, then long term morphine/ oxycodone therapy might have to be seriously considered." The Pain Doctor

I thought this was an interesting response. This is another website resource that you might find interesting if you are in severe pain and are looking for a pain clinic in your area.

--
Anne Hayashi

--
Anne Hayashi

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: