Re: Colo-rectal Surgeon Appt

Mon Jun 7 15:38:48 1999

To Chris: I experience a VERY sharp pain just before "completing" my mission (if you know what I mean) and it is so sharp that it almost destroys further elimination and sometimes does stop it. I know I am writing late but, perhaps your doctor told you something you can pass on to me. I, too, get and maintain at all times a "full" feeling along with periods of tightness and the feeling that something (like the movie "Alien") will pop out of me. It would be interesting to know if any other sufferers out there experience the same or some of these symptoms.

>>> Christine M. Smith <smithy@maine.rr.com> 04/16 2:30 PM >>>
Well, I finally got up the nerve and called my pcp to ask for a referral to a colo-rectal surgeon. The pcp approved the referral so now I am hoping to get answers to some of the questions I've been asking. These doctors treat colon-rectal disorders as well as do surgery. The one I am going to also has a website. I am optimistic this visit is going to be productive.

To those of you who have bowel adhesions, do you get weird sensations? This is a weird feeling in my "problem area" , it isn't cramping or gas pain, just a feeling like a muscle twitch. Other times it feels like my gut is tightening , almost like, but not quite as strong as, braxton hicks contractions in pregnancy. Does this sound familiar to anyone or am I nuts?

Chris

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: