>referred to is Dr. Deborah Metzger who has moved to California, but we
>don't know what part. She may be praticing there. We'll let you know
>how it turns out and perhaps what the procedure involves. We're a bit
>in the dark about that ourselves.
>
>Other than these two, we are unaware, but there must be others - we've
>only been on the web investigating adhesions and possible relief for
>about two weeks. You might ask Helen Dynda, who I have seen as a
>contributer to this discussion, and who sent us a wealth of information.
>(Thank you so much, Helen, hope to hear from you again soon.)
>
>I see from D. O'Hara's response there is a Dr in Philly.
>Hope this helps. We'll keep you all in our prayers.
>
>--
>Pete and Donna
>

Hi Pete and Donna: I know more than 2 doctors are doing conscious pain mapping because they had a feature about it on our local news (Portland, Maine) just about the time I had my first lap (Mar 98.) It seems they are doing it at the Atlanta center so I am sure they are doing it in Boston somewhere. I checked Brigham and Women's website but nothing about that. I was hoping for an e-mail address for questions, but no luck. >From what I understand they also refer to it as "minilaparoscopy". I
don't know why it would be mini, other than the fact it can be done outside the traditional OR setup. (and the instruments are smaller) This would give me the creeps and the gyn I mentioned it to at the time of my first lap agreed. But come to think of it, they give general anesthesia in oral surgeon's offices for wisdom teeth removal. Anyway, it seems they can poke around and because the woman is under "conscious sedation" (rather than general anesthesia) she can respond and tell them when and where she feels pain. Then they know what specific areas to work on and not waste time in other areas that might not be causing pain. (I don't know if at that point they would then put the woman under general anesthesia and complete the work or schedule it for a later date) Because of referred pain, sometimes the area causing problems is not the area with the pain. I was surprised myself that Helen Dynda didn't have a resource for info on this procedure. Maybe she's on vacation. I searched the web but didn't come up with much.

Chris

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: