MRI results FINALLY

Wed Jun 23 10:35:53 1999

Hi Everyone: Well, I called the pcp this am and left a message that I really needed to know the results of the MRI done June 14th. He was on vacation this week. :<P Anyway, it was "normal". I asked her "completely normal, nothing at all?" and she said there were some slight arthritic changes. I know that is to be expected. So in one way this is good news. Now I know that I don't have neurological disease in the area of the lumbar-sacral spine and I don't have to worry about blowing a disc with exertion. (any more than anyone my age would) This really is not that much of a surprise because I always thought I had a good back and felt any aching I experienced was due to muscle strain from exertion (such as gardening) The bad news is that I still have no explanation for the lower right quadrant pain, the rt hip pain, and rt sacral pain. What next? She scheduled me for an appt next Tuesday. I am thinking more of myofascial pain syndrome, nerve entrapment, and the adhesions of course. Would this be the area of expertise for the pain clinic? I am also going to ask about the conscious pain mapping. Maybe I'll call my gyn today and see what they are telling patients about this procedure. I also read on the ob-gyn site that the physical therapy department can also offer insight into pain management.

Chris S.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: