Re: First page of : Adhesion pain & elevated WBC

Thu Jul 8 12:46:36 1999

In my study's of adhesion disorder and adhesionalysis with reformed adhesions, that 99% of adhesions will reform following surgery. Not all adhesions are problamatic, do not cause pain. It is in MY opinion, based on my own experience's of living with adhesion disorder and the study of numorous adhesionalysis operative reports,including my own, that the organs that are ment to be free floating, (like intestines,) and those organs that are very sensative, ( ovarys, similar to the male testes ) when adhered to a stationary part in the abdominal cavity like the peritoneum ( inner abdominal wall )are the cause of the adhesional pain. When you understand that the movement of the intestines when a person elects to sit in a straight chair, for example, the intestines are ment to move upwards and to the back so that they are not bunched in the lower abdominal cavity as you are sitting. When the intestines are attatched to a stationary part of the cavity, they do not move, thus causing a pulling on the adhesion attatchment sites on the organs. This pulling causes aggitation at those sites, thus creating inflamation at the sites as well. The body reacts to inflamation with pain signals, thus our pain! Inflamation also cause the white blood cells to be elevated, that is a normal response to inflamation by the body. I beleive that if every adhesion disorder patients presented to their Dr. for a WBC count, it would be elevated...that is also why it is importanat to be on anti inflamitory medciations ( or something ) that will help decrease that inflamation and hopefull reduce the pain some. Because we are constantly moving, we are constantly causing that aggitation, thus chronic pain from adhesions that are attatched. In my adhesionalysis of April 22, 1999 there was ONE attatchment site where the right outterside of my lower sigmoid colon was was turned completely over upside down acrossed my cavity and attatched to LEFT side of my lower peritoneum. One stationary attatchment. There were also dense adhesions throughout all of my intestines, in, around, under and had attatched them folded against one another...there were not even distinguishable as intestines, instead it appeared as ONE mass covered in adhesions. Yet, my only pain was in the area of that stationary attatchment site! In my two prevouse adhesional lysis operative reports, I also had ONE stationary attatchment site each time...that was representative of where I experineced my pain! It had been five years since my last adhesional lysis and the April 99 one, and I experinced such severe pain that I was rendered all but totally disabled. Could NOT sit in a chair or vehicle, could NOT turn side to side as I woke with pain even after taking high doses of pian sleep meds, my pain was constant..and my WBC was elevated, I was on 15 - 20 pills a day....and never for one minute of one day did I NOT have pain! I had ONE adhesional atatchment that caused all that pain..ONE! That was my experience, but in the studies of others adhesionalysis operative reports, and a discription of their pain areas, it was always in the area of a stationary attatchment site. One can draw their own conclusions, one can study thier own op. reports, and one can also have a WBC drawn, but this has not only been my experince, it is based on a number of study's of operative reports...and no one else has come up with anything better yet as for the pain! But it is known that not all adhesions cause pain...thank-GOD she has been spared, Pete! Look at the study's that have been done through Interceed as to adhesion pain and the % of adhesions found in surgery's.....95% of all abdominal/pelivic surgery's result in adhesion formation, yet not everyone of those experinced any pain. My son works in a pathology dept, he performs autopsy's all the time and states that he is continuously seeing adhesions in the abdominla/pelivic cavity, on the heart around the lungs..all the time! ...

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: