Possible surgery for adhesions

Sun Jul 11 12:21:51 1999

I am trying to decide whether or not to have adhesions removed surgically or if this should be just another one of those things that I learn to 'live with.' For the past 4 years I have gone from one gynecological problem to another- had three surgeries in 11 months - two laps for cysts, one ovary removed and one hysteroscopic myomectomy for a fibroid that had somehow gone undetected for the 2 1/2 years that I had been seeking treatment for heavy, long periods. Of course the problem cysts came back and it took three months for the last one to painfully resolve itself. Now when I went back for my last ultrasound the gyn could tell that the cyst had recently popped and also could very clearly see a bunch of adhesions. Now the gyn does not know why I would have these adhesions - my pelvis was clean when he did the hysteroscopic myomectomy in October- and he did nothing that would have caused these adhesions because all the 'work' was inside the uterus. Well now he says I should wait to see if the pain goes away - but I am so tired of being in pain. I would like to feel better even if it was only for a little while. I am currently on lupron to prevent reoccurence of the cysts. I can only have one more shot and then I have to go on birth control pills, which I hate. They make me feel like I am always having terrible PMS and the longer I take them the worse I feel. At least if I got rid of these adhesions I might be able to enjoy myself until then. Any ideas? Thanks- Laurie

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: