>>>Were you the one who said you found a Doctor in Atlanta that did this
>>>proceedure? If so do you know his/her name or where I could get more
>>>information? Thanks. Ginny
>>
>>Hi Ginny:
>>I can't remember where I found the info about the doctor in Atlanta, but
>>it might have been the center with Dr. Lyons. Check back into the June
>>archives of the forum and see Helen's post about conscious pain mapping
>>websites. I'm going to ask about this at the pain clinic tomorrow.
>>Since conscious sedation didn't work with me for my colonoscopy (because
>>the procedure was painful they had to give me more medication which
>>knocked me out) I wonder if this pelvic pain mapping is successful with
>>everyone. Or just some lucky patients? It's hard to understand how they
>>do it. You would think poking around anywhere in your pelvis would
>>cause pain.
>>What tests are you having done? I remember in a post awhile back you
>>mentioned you were going the middle of July
>> and it seemed so long away and here it is!
>>
>>Chris S.
>
>Hey Chris,
>
>Thanks for the tip on where to look. I started looking through the June
>posts before and there were so many that I didn't know where to start.
>Thanks. Anyway, Monday is the colonoscopy and endoscopy. The doctor is
>concerned that they may have to knock me out as well as there was so
>much "ripping" pain of adhesions? when they did the sig. They are still
>trying to figure out where the bleeding is coming from. I'm afraid
>though it will be like the last time and there will be no answer. The
>pain in my side and back is unbearable. Maybe after this procedure they
>will at least talk to me about pain management or medication.
>reading Helen's post yesterday I asked if she had any advice on getting
>doctors to communicate with you. Do you have any suggestions that have
>worked for you? Take care. Ginny

Hi Ginny: I hope they aren't making you take Golytely for the colonoscopy! I would think that between the colonoscopy and endoscopy they will find out where you are bleeding from your gi tract. The sigmoidoscopy is limited to the lower portion of the tract. I can't remember if they considered crohn's disease with you or not. I can't remember anything from my colonoscopy at all after the first few moments. I remember the first injection of the drug and a kind of twilight feeling in my head. I remember seeing some type of black tube which I assume was the colonoscope, I remember the nurse looking like she was getting "down to business" behind me and that's it. Then I remember hearing the doctor tell me it was all over and it sounded like he was yelling at me, I'm sure that was the effect of the drug. I guess they observe you for a few minutes and i remember watching him sitting doing what looked like a crossword puzzle!!!! They gave me another dose of demerol and versed when I complained so I guess the versed, which is an amnesiac, removed memory of the pain I complained about. Next time I think I would ask them to skip the versed and go with the pain killer only. I'm told this can be done. Good luck. The hardest thing I have with these procedures is surrendering to them. I feel like I still have to be in control of the situation which is very hard when you are drugged. They are there to take care of you. That's their job and they love it or they wouldn't be doing it! As far as communicating with doctors, well, I don't think I do that very well. I'm am always criticizing myself for my apparent lack of ability to get them to realize how this situation is affecting my life. I guess they feel that if you are able to function, work, etc. it can't be that bad. So the last time I saw my pcp I basically told him that this was ruining my life. He seemed to be impressed with that and referred me to the pain clinic. I do think it easier now that I have had to have a pcp for insurance purposes. I feel he is beginning to understand me better now that he has known me longer. This is why I'm taking the loss of my gyn so hard. I saw him for 20 years-its hard adjusting to someone new.

Chris S.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: