Nausea, etc to Peggy et al

Mon Jul 26 09:55:32 1999

Peggy:

You asked what is a cyst/hydro. Sorry --- I'm so used to being on the OBGYN board I forget this is a broader audience. I possibly have a cyst on my left ovary and the "hydro" is a hydrosalpinx or a fluid filled fallopian tube.

Incidentally, I've decided a lot of people get sick from narcotics. Because of my problems, I have a lot of pain with my period. I usually take Aleve (naprosyn) which totally alleviates the pain and lets me go about my business with no side effects. Since I'm having surgery next week my doc gave me Lortab (a narcotic) for this period since Aleve can make you bleed. Well --- I took two of them yesterday and I was sick at my stomach and dizzy in bed all day!!! I just can't take narcotics. I also noticed, and so did my husband, that my face was swollen. On the instructions the pharmacist gave me that is a sign of an allergy. I'm going to take Ginny's advise and tell them I'm allergic to codeine, Demorol and Lortab - in essence - narcotics. Is there something else they can administer for pain? Anyway, Peggy - you're sickness was from the Demorol. Isn't it miserable!!

Also, for anyone who is interested, I found a site yesterday which lists all of these drugs plus side effects. http://www.rxmed.com

Good luck to everyone!

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: