Lap results

Tue Jul 27 19:06:02 1999

The results of my "second-look" lap on Monday to see if the new adhesion preventeion gel worked showed only a couple of small adhesions that had come back (or perhaps were new?) Will get the exact results when I have my follow-up appointment in 3 weeks. Anyway, the doctor was very pleased and said I should be encouraged by the results. In talking to the clinical trials nurse, she said that he thinks everybody should be using this gel, but of course, it hasn't been approved yet. And she and I both agree that the real test will be in about six months or so. The trial ends in December -- (there's still time to volunteer) and I'll get a copy of the complete results of the study then. So the gel, (Intergel, called lubricoat at first) if approved, would not be available until next year sometime, but there's at least one doctor who thinks it should be. I don't know that I can answer with many details, but anyone who's interested in more information can write me directly if you wish, or let me know and I'll get back to you when I have some more details.

Sue Ann

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: