Re: Ginny

Tue Aug 17 08:27:28 1999

Hi Ginny, The information I have regarding chronic pain makes a connection between adhesion/scar tissue and mixed connective tissue disorders. The article states that when any soft tissue (muscle,tendons,nerves,fascia,ligaments) are damaged, the body produces scar tissue (adhesions). In many patients, esp. those who suffer from mixed connective tissue disorders such as fibromyalgia, Epstein-Barr, chronic fatigue, etc. the scar response is amplified many times resulting in "keloid-type" scarring. Fibromyalgia is a syndrome of widespread pain involving mainly muscle, but also tendons, ligaments, bursa and joints. In addition to causing pain, FS causes stiffness(esp. in morning), fatigue, numbness, feeling of weakness, swelling, cold intolerance, poor sleep and headaches. Regarding autoimmune system, the article states that the body's immune system, for various reasons, can start to recognize some of the proteins as foreign. The body's defense mechanism actually starts attacking its own protein and, if severe enough, can cause serious illness. This happens in certain types of arthritis and connective tissue disease. More investigation needs to be done to clarify the autoimmune factor and determine whether it is a mechanism in all of fibromyalgia or just a certain subtype. Could you explain a little about Crohns? I do not have any info on this and I would like to be informed. I want to support you and I want to understand what you are going through with. Love and Prayers, Sherry

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: