Re: Adhesions on intestines...Rachel

Tue Aug 17 21:52:56 1999

At Tue, 17 Aug 1999, sherry wrote: >

Although my first and only abdominal surgery was 4 1/2 years ago, the adhesions seem to have only been causing severe discomfort in the last 2 years getting worse recently. So far the only confirmed location of adhesions in the on the intestines and my GI thinks that my intestines are stuck to my abdominal wall. Excuse the pun, but my gut feeling tells me that the doc's will find more than this when they go in. I am nervous because I have only one ovary and am afraid they might find adhesions attacking the remaining ones even though ultra sounds and probes say that the ovary looks fine. I wonder if I am worrying about nothing because the tests said it was fine, but sometimes test don't show everything. As far as my symptoms go, I have had terrible cramping for nearly two weeks around my period for the last two years. I was prescribed all sorts of pain medications that just didn't tame the throbbing on my left side or the aching in my pelvic area. In the last 6 months the throbbing has been much more frequent (several times a day) and painful attacks have kept me from my daily routine. I also find that I am constantly bloated and my stomache completely distended. My Dr. tells me that it is from the kinks in the intestines. Ever since an bad attack on July 14 I have not been permitted to eat any fruits or vegetables because the fiber in them is causing transient bowel blockages when it tries to pass through. Any food now is having a hard time passing causing so much pain and distention. I can not wait for my surgery next month. Sorry for my lengthiness, but I think I need to "talk" I have felt alone for a long time about this. Thanks.

--
Rachel

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: