Re: Adhesions on my intestines

Wed Aug 18 05:59:58 1999

>>Sue Ann
>>>
>Thank you for sharing your story with me. I hope your post-op appt.
>goes well and that the Intergel was a success for you. I know these
>preventatives are not a guarantee but they seem like they are worth
>trying. If you don't mind me asking, what kind of surgery did you have
>that caused your adhesions and what were your symptoms? Thanks.
>

Rachel, The surgery was for endometriosis the first time in 1995, in 1997 had surgery again for what turned out to be a painful cyst inside an ovary and at that point the other ovary was adhered to the pelvic wall, and he cut it loose but only found endo in the adhesions themselves. My symptoms this time were constant pelvic pain/pressure/pulling, which was at its worst when I would lay down. Standing or sitting wasn't too bad. My bowel movements did start getting a little weird as well, which made me think something was causing constriction. My periods were also getting worse again. It turned out that the adhesions were pulling the colon out of place, the one ovary was once again stuck to the pelvic wall and my cul-de-sac was full of very dense adhesions -- where a lot of endo was in my first surgery. He said he didn't see any active endo, but I suspect it was probably there in the adhesions. My periods and the colon seem to be getting slowly better since the first surgery, although I'm still having a burning/pressure sensation on one side where I had it before that went away only briefly after the first surgery, although it does come and go. I'm going to ask tomorrow to see if that's where an adhesion was, and if it could be related to that or maybe some other GI problem. I personally suspect that most of the adhesions he found were related to the first surgery in 1995 since my first surgeon didn't really do that much in 1997.

Sue Ann

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: