Re: doctors in New England

Tue Aug 24 19:41:15 1999

Hi Beth,

Welcome to the forum. I did not suffer with adhesions prior to my pregnancy as I was very young and had not had any prior surgeries at the time. I had to have a c-section and that is when I began to start to have problems with adhesions. Then came endo, pid and no Crohn's. When I tried to get pregnant again I had difficulties because my tubes and overies kept getting "stuck" to my uterus. I was never able to achieve a second pregnancy and ended with a hysterectomy. However, that doesn't mean you can't! You may have to have some assistance and maybe a lap to make sure your tubes are open. I did not see where you had adhesions in the past but it sounds like your bowels are involved which seems to be typical with an appendectomy. If you have never had problems with endo or pid, maybe you are fortunate enough not to have any that involve your reproductive organs and can get pregnant without a problem. I would be interested to know as well if anyone else has gone through a pregnancy with adhesions and wonder if they caused any problems or pain. I'm sure a good gyn/fertility doctor could answer that for you. Unfortunately I am from Atlanta and don't know of anyone in your area. Good luck to you and keep us informed. Ginny

At Tue, 24 Aug 1999, Beth wrote: >
>Just found this website.....I thought I was an unusual case! Can anyone
>recommend any doctors in New England...preferably northern new england?
>I'm 31, and I've had adhesions for about 2 years....the only abdominal
>surgery I've had was almost 20 years ago, an appendectomy. I can relate
>to all of the constipation,tension, bloated feelings, etc., although
>thankfully it has never been bad enough to prevent me from working. I
>hope there is a way I can maintain things where they are.....I'm hoping
>to get pregnant in the next few years and I'm worried about making
>things worse. Has anyone been through pregnancy with adhesions?
>
>--
>thanks, Beth
>

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: