Re: trouble sleeping...remeron?

Wed Oct 27 17:34:08 1999

Hi Gina,

I am on Remeron for pain. It has not helped in that area, but it does make you sleep. The biggest sife effect that most people do experience is weight gain. If this is an issue for you I would not take it. I have always maintained my weight before and being sick would tend to loose weight quite often. On Remeron I have put on 10 pounds in three months. My neurologist who put me on the neurontin wants me to come off the Remeron since it has not helped with what it was intended for. He says that most people do experience weight gain on this medication up to 10-20% of their body weight. I don't think it is supposed to be addictive though. I think it works like most anti-depressents and is not addictive. It is supposed to be one of the better ones for pain, I just did not have any success with it. I have seen others who have found no relief from the neurontin, but I am feeling somewhat better on it. I found it interesting that someone experienced increased depression while taking neurontin. I have been experiencing this as well, but attributed it to my backing off the Remeron and having some other problems right now. It will be interesting to see. Best wishes. Ginny

At Wed, 27 Oct 1999, Gina wrote: >
>Hi,
>I was told someone here takes remeron and I wanted
>some info on it. You can email me privately if you wish at
>gina@maine.rr.com . I would appreciate it!
>I am having severe insomnia since my 2 surgeries and
>can't seem to find anything to help me sleep. I have tried
>chamomile tea, kavakava, benadryl, tylenol pm, trazadone, etc. My Doc
>prescribed remeron which is an anti-depressant but I read the side
>effects and that stuff scares me!
>Isn't there anything that works that isn't addictive?
>Thanks,
>Gina

--
Ginny King

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: