Re: trouble sleeping...remeron?

Wed Oct 27 12:04:37 1999

Gina, I went to the Adhesions Forum Archives to see if I could find a message about remeron - but none was listed.

I have had very good success with the antidepressant, amitriptyline (generic of Elavil) - since 1975! The only side-effect that I have noticed for myself is a dry mouth - and sugarless gum takes care of that.

Amitriptyline has also been recognized as having the ability to relieve pain - which this drug has also done for me since 1975!! Amitriptyline was the very first drug to give me help with both pain and sleep - from 1970-1975 !!

Whether we want to admit it or not, there is a certain amount of depression going on in our lives because of our frustration with the medical profession and our inability to get relief from pain. We would all like to go back to the days before this beast entered our lives - but unfortunately very few of us have been able to find the magic solution to our lives which would help us to become pain-free once again. Yes, depression lurks where chronic pain has not been silenced!!!!

- - - - - - - - - - At Wed, 27 Oct 1999, Gina wrote: >
>Hi,
>I was told someone here takes remeron and I wanted
>some info on it. You can email me privately if you wish at
>gina@maine.rr.com . I would appreciate it!
>I am having severe insomnia since my 2 surgeries and
>can't seem to find anything to help me sleep. I have tried
>chamomile tea, kavakava, benadryl, tylenol pm, trazadone, etc. My Doc
>prescribed remeron which is an anti-depressant but I read the side
>effects and that stuff scares me!
>Isn't there anything that works that isn't addictive?
>Thanks,
>Gina

--
The 15th century proverb which summarizes the purpose of medicine is:
* To cure sometimes, to relieve often, to comfort always. *

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: