Thank you and new questions

Mon Nov 1 19:49:44 1999

Hello to all! A big thank you to Helen for posting that Painpal information...I read it often when I am feeling despair. I went to a pain management center today. I went with no expectations and figured that the worst scenerio would be wasted gas and parking money. I got the shock of my life! A doctor that listened...asked pertinent questions...did not make reservations for me at local psychiatric hospital! He feels that while adhesions are a definite problem for me...an additional diagnosis of fibromyalgia is also to be considered. I did not have to explain what adhesions were...why I had a hysterectomy at 22, the pain I have been suffering with...or the depth of despair that I am feeling. He understood. I was so relieved I almost cried. This was a very good thing as I just did not have the energy to go through the explanation again...suffer the stupid questions or put up with the chase your tail suggestions.

He prescribed Celexa and Elavil. Very low dosages to start as I am extremely sensitive to drugs. I have been on the web searching for any and all info on the drugs and the fibromyalgia. This additional dx explains several symptoms that are not related to the adhesion problem. Pain in areas that have nothing to do with my surgeries, memory problems, IBS symptoms, joint pain, stiffness upon waking, sleep disturbances. I will follow through with the GI testing and I plan on having an experienced surgeon who can do adhesion lysis if I get in a "sticky" corner with the adhesions. I would be interested to know if other people with adhesions have been dx with fibromyalgia also? Several of you have posted info about your medications, specifically anti depressants...anyone taking celexa? Helen, thank you for sharing your experience with elavil as this seems to be the starting point for me also.

Good night to all and thank you for listening.

--
Merri Ellen

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: