Re: Pain!--Venting

Wed Nov 3 13:14:15 1999

At Tue, 2 Nov 1999, Michele wrote: >
>Ohhhh, I hate it!! I've got pain this evening pelvically and
>abdominally. What's up with the upper GI cramping that won't stop???? I
>have omental adhesions, but they haven't caused major GI tract problems.
>I'm flustered, because I can really use my mind to tune out pain and
>this is encroaching. I took pain meds...never touched it. I see no
>reason to talk to a doc who already knows I know it does no good to open
>me up. I see no reason to take pills that are ineffective.
>
>I fought endo and won for 13 yrs. I don't want this, but I know I'm
>going to be fine. I'm sorry. I'm tired this evening.
>
>Thanks for letting me Vent.
>Michele

Michele, I am in the same boat as you as far as the pain meds.I just saw the pain management Dr. this morning and I questioned Why Am I taking these meds if they are not helping.I am taking klonopin and methadone which are pretty potent meds.This is not the same Dr. that put me on these meds.So starting today I am starting to come off the klonopin.I have an appointment with my Gyn to set up the date for the surgery on Friday. This time he is taking the remaining ovary and tube.To eliminate that being the cause of my pain. We all need to vent so never feel like you have to apologize. We all know what you are going through.One thing the meds do help with is....Sleep ,I never have any problem sleeping. As a matter of fact I find it diffacult to stay awke most of the time.But on the other hand the meds cause constipation. The pain amnagement Dr. told me to drink caffinatted coffe or tea to help the bowels move?????? I did drink a half a glass of prune juice today and it is helping. I have to go but will talk again real soon. Peggy

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: