Re: Fibromyalgia vs. Adhesions

Wed Dec 29 15:45:44 1999

Gina, Hi I am sorry your not getting the help you deserve. There is no blood test for Fibro yet,this is in the working,all other blood test need to be checked before FM is diagnosed, Second tender points have to be checked sounds to me like another doctor who just knows the word Fibromyalgia but has no idea how to check and treat it. If you suspect you have FM I would search out another doctor if you can. FM can and will make all your other pains and problems worse, it comes with a good 100 symptoms of its own along with any illness or problem you have it loves to go into those areas and make things worse..As for Antidepressants,they may help some peoples symptoms but will not fix every aspect of Fm,each symptom has to be addressed. Also there is still no real treatment for Fm its just a trial error kind of thing. They have yet to get my FM under control and I have tried just about everything their is to try. As for exercise this can cause extreme pain in Fm patients,especially patients who have myofascial syndrom pain along with it. Gentle stretching and knowing which part of the body you can also stretch is very important. Diet,quit smoking,exercise I swear those are automatic responses by all doctors,Yes they help things but they are not a cure to all problems. Its possible you may have Fm,or you may not,but its not a source of every problem that is running through the body. Most patients who FM have other health problems that go along with it,One of the main reasons they came down with FM in the first place. All your pain and problems need to be addressed,and it gets so frustrating when the doctors don't listen, Been there am There. The area of the pain you are describing are a few of my bad areas,what about lower back pain and does it radiate at all? Hugs and hope you find some help and relief soon Kimmi

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: