Re: high hopes gone>>> Toni, you have choices!

Sun Feb 13 04:25:45 2000

I work with a woman who is also a nurse (she works with me at the blood bank on weekends, hospital during the week). On her advice (because I've been getting worried about nothing else working), I used some enemas (3, to be exact, because 1 or 2 never does any good) a few hours ago. A little came out - not much, and it was followed by big gobs of mucus (YUCK!!!!). That is all I've had in the way of a bowel movement (except for the barium put into me last Monday) since the beginning of this month. I'm worried.

Also, about 4 tiny (I mean TINY!!!) little spots of blood, hardly noticeable at all - in fact, you could only see them if you were looking really hard.

Tara

----Original Message Follows---- From: "Karen Kaplan" <kkaplan@eclipse.net> Reply-To: adhesions@obgyn.net To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS <adhesions@forum.obgyn.net> Subject: Re: high hopes gone>>> Toni, you have choices! Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 17:59:27 -0600

You are right Tara, laxative dependency is a big problem. My PCP says stool softener is ok, and it does seem to help me more than laxatives. Prune juice is also safer than daily, longterm laxatives. Mylicon (infant formula) works very well for the gas. Aloe Vera juice is supposed to be good for bowel function, but the one time i tried it , 6 weeks after hyst, it was weird. It felt like after-shave going through me. most of it "tingled", felt good. But, at the one spot where the pain was worst, it felt like the juice hit a wound - the pain was so bad (and I was taking 4000mg of enteric coated aspirin a day at that stage), it put me in bed for a day. And flaxseed oil (health food stores - refrigerator case) is really good for bowel function.

Really makes you wonder what they teach in medical school. Best, Karen

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: