Re: Endometriosis and adhesions years after hystrectomy

Tue Jun 13 23:15:07 2000

Marty,

It is indeed possible that adhesions could be causing your pain....as far as the endometriosis returning..that is a subject that I am not familiar with. I do not see why that is not possible, but do not have the knowledge to offer an accurate opinion.

I would suggest that you obtain the surgical and pathological reports from your hysterectomy along with any othe procedures you might have had since than. If you have not undergone any additional procedures you are lucky. So many of us have been subjected to surgery after surgery...all in the name of finding a solution to our pain. It is important that we educate ourselves to this disease...and that would mean not allowing any more surgical procedures....other than emergency....since surgical procedures are the cause of our disease. There are a few surgeons out there.....very few...that have the skills to perform laparscopic procedures to remove our adhesions successfully. Should you be interested in this information let us know and we can direct you where you need to go.

I don't know if you have visited the adhesions quilt, but it is a very good starting point for anyone joining this group. You will learn that in no way are you alone and that problems you have in other areas could very well be related to the adhesions. The quilt is located at http://www.adhesions.org/quiltframe.htm

Good luck and God Bless,

--
Karla N.

>----- Original Message ----- From: Marty Herman <martyherman75@hotmail.com> To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS <adhesions@forum.obgyn.net> Sent: Tuesday, June 13, 2000 10:35 PM Subject: Endometriosis and adhesions years after hystrectomy

> I am interested in finding out more about the possiblility that 15 years > after a total hysterectomy, that the endometriosis could have returned > at anytime in that 15 years and if adhesions from the endo and/or > surgery could be causing chronic, severe pelvic pain for most of these > 15 years. Has anyone else had experience with this? I have been on pain > medicaton for most of this time in order to function. Would like to > find a better solution to the chronic pain. I have tried physical > therapy, massage therapy, chiropractic, and others. >

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: